Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Process

I hope you all enjoyed my hubby's quick-witted first post, I roll with laughter every time I read it. His sarcasm is one of my favorite things about him and he's a clever one, so look out. If you want to see his softer side check out the link of him sharing his testimony. It clarifies why we chose to walk this road in the first place so listen and enjoy.

It's true we've been torn for some time about starting a blog because we don't want folks to only see the AWESOMENESS (trust me those moments are few and far between!) and not the reality. Our reality right now is that we want our daughter home so badly that we can hardly stand it. Day after day we wait for the call like a mama anticipating the start of labor. It's not like we are sitting over here balling our eyes out and pressing repeat on Steven Curtis Chapman's greatest hits (no offense Steven, I loved your concert a few years ago). Honestly, it's more of a push to make it though another day without balling our eyes out and reminding ourselves to breathe! So we are packing, waiting, praying. Our kids ask, "Mama are y'all going this month?" and "Will Sis be home by my Birthday?" and on and on. We don't know the answer to that question but we have confidence that God knows. He knew from the beginning (Hello! Creator of the Universe we are dealing with!) so this detail of "when" hasn't been overlooked. Still and honestly, I'm over the waiting!!! BUT I'm also confident that there's a time for everything. What can I do to change it? "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" OK Lord, reminding myself to breathe!  I will keep wrestling with His truth and continue eating dark chocolate dipped in peanut butter and drinking coconut La Croix!

So, I wanted to inform you all about the process so you are up-to-date.

  • We found out about S a little before Christmas last year. 
  • Her adoption was finalized several weeks ago, she is ours! She will be a US Citizen when her feet hit the ground in Atlanta. 
  • What's the hold up?! Her passport. We are waiting for her passport to be sent back to the orphanage.
  • Once we get a phone call that the passport is in hand, we can travel the next hour! We won't but we will likely go a few days after we get the call. That's why I hope to be in India sooner rather than later. 
I hope this helps to clarifies a few details. Shaunti's friend from the orphanage will be arriving in Columbus sometime tonight with her forever family. It's surreal to think these two will be in the same town!

Stay tuned for updates and please continue to pray we can hit the road Jack! I really hope my next blog post is written with curry in my nostrils, sleep deprivation and our third child by my side. Pray people pray. 

Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment