Tuesday, March 5, 2013

MY AWESOMENESS ... AN INTRODUCTION

    For all of you folks somewhere out there in cyberspace silently but ecstatically thanking me for finally allowing my wife to create a family blog .... You are very welcome! Whether you've accidentally stumbled upon or purposefully chosen to read our posts, you are nevertheless in for a real treat! I can think of no better way for you guys to spend your time, than by reading this blog and gaining a better, more in depth understanding of my awesomeness and how blessed my family is for it!

     My historical perspective on blogs, blogging and bloggers is that it is a self-promoting, self-aggrandizing, self-indulgent and self-centered pursuit. So when I choose to grace you people with one of my awesome entries, I will do everything in my power to honor that perspective. I will also share with you my profound wisdom on a variety of topics which I find interesting. These topics include, but are not limited to; health care reform, SEC football, all other sports (with the exception of hockey), fly-fishing, fart humour, adoption, military ministry, why and how my children make me happy, why Gwen is the best wife, mother and friend on the planet, why Brett Favre/my grandfather/Adrian Monk and Charles Spurgeon are my heroes, why FDR is overrated as a president, why PBR is underrated as a beer, and of course .... why I am awesome!

    Unfortunately for you guys, I am often busy saving lives as a radiologist and will at times, be unable to provide an update on my continued awesomeness with every post. It is for this reason that I've allowed my less interesting but certainly very capable wife to be my co-blogger.  You can expect from her a more honest, more tempered look into the daily life of our family. Expect her writing to be filled with kindness, humility, patience, forgiveness, grace and biblical wisdom  .... basically everything that will likely be missing from my posts.

     She will introduce to you a very imperfect family of five, as they struggle through the long journey of  sanctification. She will show you how they strive daily and often fail miserably at living a Christ-centered life. She will speak of their interest in adoption/orphan care, and how that process points towards the gospel, and how that process has affected them as christians. She will share with you their desire to serve others and how investing in the life of others has changed their own. She will convey to you her love for christian mentoring and why it is so important for women to have that type of relationship with someone. Finally and most importantly, she will write often of how wonderful her children are, and reinforce how incredibly awesome that her husband is and will continue to always be!

     In summary, if you are looking for a fast-paced, high-flying, jaw-dropping, knee-jerking, momma-slapping, super-charged, belly-laughing, energy-packed, spell-binding, rip-roaring, spine-tingling, bone-crushing, gramatically incorrect blog .... then you've come to the right place!  So turn off honey boo-boo, strap on your seat belts, grab a jolt cola and get ready for THE LEWIS FAMILY FIVE !!!!!!

Todd

3 comments:

  1. Yea! Im the first to comment on your awesome blog! Its awesome. I mean really, really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I can't hardly wait for all the good stuff we are all about to read. And I'm trying not to be offended that you didn't use any of my names for the blog. ;)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be offended, your role was essential in the brainstorming stage and sparked inspiration...does that make you feel better at all? :)

      Delete